Our Mission Statement:
Mid Florida Community Services, Inc. is a partner in which low-income people are supported in their efforts to become self-sufficient.
School readiness and cognitive development services.
Frequent medical screening, immunizations and dental services.
- Health screenings include:
- Blood pressure
- Dental Exam
- Hearing& Vision
- Height and Weight
- Lead and Hemoglobin
- Social and Emotional
- Oral Health Services.
- Children are provided with their own toothbrushes and toothpaste for classroom use.
- Children brush their teeth after eating.
- Dental Exams and Treatment:
- A dental exam is required for every child within 90 days of entering the program.
- Head Start provides transportation as well as the medical professional to complete the exam.
Healthy nutritional assistance.
- Head Start provides breakfast and lunch for each child.
- All meals are served family- style, children are encouraged to serve themselves. Teachers sit with the children during mealtime. Family- style dining helps create an enjoyable meal time, while still being a part of the instructional day.
Referral services for a range of individual child and family needs.
- Families make goals with Head Start staff and are given referrals to help them meet them.
- Children are referred for health and development related issues (Speech, OT, PT, etc.)
An Opportunity for parents to participate in school decision making.
- Parent/Family Engagement:
- Male Involvement
- Field Trips
- Parent meetings
- Home activities
- Parent Committees
- Policy Council:
- A formal way for parents to be involved in the program planning and decision making process.
- Is made up of parents and community members who want to support the Head Start Program.