Please read below for more information about applying.
Now accepting applications!
The Mid Florida Head Start program (3-5 years old) currently serves only applicants residing in Volusia, Hernando and Sumter Counties.
Follow this link for HEAD START to begin the application process by providing your contact information.
Click here for ENGLISH or here for SPANISH. Once you complete this process one of our Family Advocates will be in touch to schedule a time for you to come in and finish the process!
The Mid Florida Early Head Start program (Birth to 36 months) is currently accepting applications in Hernando County (Brooksville location ) and Volusia County (Pierson location) projected to be open mid June.
Other locations offering Early Head Start will be opening throughout 2017.
Follow this link for EARLY HEAD START, to begin the application process.
Click here for ENGLISH or here for SPANISH, once you complete this process one of our Family Advocates will be in touch to schedule a time to come in and finish the process!
Please bring the following information with you to complete an application:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Picture ID of parent/guardian completing application
- Proof of residency (recent utility bill, lease or mortgage statement)
- Proof of income that reflects current family situation (W-2, tax return, pay stubs)
- Disability information if child has a diagnosed disability
- Custody paperwork, if applicable