We are proud to announce that all of the MFCS HS/EHS centers have been designated as breastfeeding friendly according to the guidelines set forth by the FLDOH and the Florida Breastfeeding Association!
In order to qualify as a facility that is Breastfeeding Friendly a facility must:
- Provide an atmosphere that welcomes and promotes breastfeeding as a normal method of feeding infants
- Help mothers continue to breastfeed when they return to work or school
- Make breastfeeding resources available to parents
- Feed infants on cue and coordinates feeding times with parent's schedule
- Train staff so they are able to support breastfeeding parents
- Have a written breastfeeding policy